FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Crapshoot Comedy Festival?
The inaugural Crapshoot Comedy Festival is the largest gathering of nationally recognized comedians, popular podcasts, screenings and immersive activities Downtown Las Vegas has ever experienced. Confirmed performers boast dozens of appearances on Comedy Central, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Conan, Late Night with Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon along with many having their own solo comedy specials.
When is the festival?
The festival runs from Thursday, May 18 – Saturday, May 20.
Shows will be happening between 5PM and Midnight at several venues throughout DTLV.
Where does the Crapshoot Comedy Festival take place?
In several venues within the East Fremont Entertainment District between Las Vegas Blvd. and 7th St. We will also have special venues close by, such as the Zappos Chambers located at the Zappos corporate headquarters up the street on Stewart Ave. Here’s a list:
- The Zappos Chambers (Former Las Vegas City Council chambers)
- The Fiesta Room at festival epicenter the El Cortez Hotel and Casino
- Beauty Bar
- Fremont Country Club
- Backstage Bar and Billiards
When will the full schedule of shows be announced?
The full schedule has been announced! Updates will happen periodically, so sign up for our newsletter and get the latest by following us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. There will be surprises.
Do you take submissions?
Unfortunately we do not take submissions. The Crapshoot Comedy Festival is invite only.
PASSES & TICKETS
So what's the deal with the passes?
- The WHALE gets you guaranteed admission into everything - The full festival experience: headliners, club shows, podcasts and the exclusive Industry Speakeasy, VIP perks and sponsored parties. As well as guaranteed reserved seating (seats will be released at showtime - no late seating), schwag (signed limited edition 2017 festival poster), parking and personalized festival concierge service.
- The VIP gets you front-of-the-line access to over 30+ club shows and podcasts. At checkout, you will be able to select one (1) headliner performance of your choice, and may attend any other headliner performances that are not at capacity. You also get access to the swanky VIP perks and a limited edition 2017 festival poster. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to show. Seating is subject to availability and based on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The ACE gets you access to over 30+ club shows (excluding headliner performances) and podcasts the entire run of the festival so long as those shows are not at capacity. If a show is not at capacity at showtime we let ACE pass holders in on a first-come first-served basis. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to show. Seating is subject to availability and based on a first-come-first-served basis - Admission to shows not guaranteed. If there is something you absolutely cannot miss, we recommend buying an individual ticket.
When will single tickets for all shows go on sale?
Everything is on sale now. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for updates throughout the spring.
How do I purchase passes and tickets?
Only through our Ticketfly partner page here
When/how will I receive my badge(s)?
Our box office is located on the main foyer of the El Cortez Hotel and Casino at the bottom of the spiral stairs. ALL PASS HOLDERS must check in at the box office .with photo ID. ALL INDIVIDUAL tickets are "print at home" and will not be available for pickup at the box office. Please bring a copy of your ticket to all shows you are attending. BOX OFFICE HOURS:
Wed, May 17th 5-9pm
Thurs., May 18th 10-10pm
Fri, May 19th 3-10pm
Sat, May 20th 3-7pm
I just found out that I cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
No, we’re sorry but there are no refunds issued under any circumstances.
Is there an age requirement for festival shows?
21 and over - booze, salty language and God knows what else will be everywhere - it's Vegas!
I want to keep up with what is happening at the festival, how can I do that?
Sign up for our email newsletter, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook.
Will there be food/beverage for sale at the shows?
Beverages will be at every venue. Food sales will vary depending on the venue.
How early should I arrive before show time?
We highly recommend getting to any venue early and enjoying a cocktail. Typically doors will open 30 minutes prior to showtime. VIP PASS HOLDERS must arrive 15 minutes prior to showtime to guarantee priority entry.
How long do the shows last?
Show length will vary from event to event, but most will run about 90 minutes.
If I want to see the next show at the same venue, can I just stay in my seat?
No. We will be clearing venues completely between shows so we can clean up and prepare for the next round of fans.
Are the venues handicapped accessible?
Handicapped accessibility varies depending on the venue. Check the venue website. Questions surrounding special arrangements for attendees with disabilities can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org - Everyone needs access to laughter.
Are you hiring volunteers for the festival?
If you would like to be considered to work as a volunteer in the Crapshoot Comedy Festival, please visit our Contact Us to inquire.
I’d like to be a sponsor of the Crapshoot Comedy Festival. How can I make this happen?
We’d be more than happy to speak with you about this and your exceptional marketing savvy. Drop us a line here.
Where can I stay?
You can stay at the very epicenter of the festival: The El Cortez Hotel & Casino.